I am going to cut right to the chase on this one. Most parents that bring their child in bring up one of three issues:
- My child is too small and needs to pack on some muscle
- My child is not strong enough
- My child is not fast enough
On February 8th, we will be launching a new training program at the gym designed specifically to address these needs and more!
It is human nature for individuals to work towards their strengths. Strong kids love lifting heavy weights, fast kids love racing, and muscular kids love packing on more muscle.
That is all fine and dandy but the idea behind improving athletic performance lies counter to our natural inclinations. In order for us to optimize performance on the playing field, we must address and improve upon our weaknesses. Here is how we are going to do it:
- Step One: Assessment. During this time we will assess jumping ability, sprint speed and strength levels.
- Step Two: Program Design. After the initial assessment we will design a program that fits your child's needs.
- Step Three: Re-assess. Every 4 weeks we will "check in" and do a jump and sprint analysis to see how we are progressing.
Our mission at Cornerstone Fitness is to introduce fitness training to kids of all ages in a safe and positive environment. We want to teach fundamental training principles that can last a lifetime.
This camp will be similar to a physical education class of yesteryear. Running, jumping, skipping, climbing ropes, pushups, sled training, and more will all be included. Each session will run for two hours (9 am to 11 am) Monday thru Thursday at Cornerstone Fitness.
In closing, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that if you decide to sign up, you will receive a $10 discount for next weeks camp. The bad news is that I only have three spots remaining before registration closes.